|New highs||Breakout stocks||Trending stocks||Gap up stocks||Unusual volume stocks||Stocks moving up now|
|New lows||Breakdown stocks||Downtrend stocks||Gap down stocks||Unusual volume losers||Stocks moving down now|
The 52-week high strategy is a form of momentum investing, where one believes the upward trend is likely to continue.
We constantly monitor the chart positions of the stocks in our coverage. When today's price action is positive and a new high is made, the stock will be displayed in the screener.
The key levels that we cover are the all-time, 52 week and monthly highs. The default ranking is by their chart positions, which is the Comment column.
We track the top 1000 most actively traded stocks on ASX. The 5-day average daily volume is used as the measuring baseline.
Our coverage includes constituents of the S&P/ASX, All Ordinaries and MSCI Australia market indexes. The majority of these stocks have high trading interest from institutions and retail, with a minimum daily average volume of at least 100,000 shares.
Industries and sectors would include:
– Banks, financial institutions, asset managers, investment advisories and stock brokers.
– Loans, credit cards, insurance and mortgage providers.
– Industrial conglomerates and large service/manufacturing companies.
– Technology, biotechnology, healthcare and pharmaceutical companies.
– Property developers, REITs, hotels and commercial space owners.
– Energy, oil & gas, petroleum, chemical and heavy industries.
– Semiconductor, hardware and electronics companies.
– Airlines, aeronautical and engineering firms.
– Telcos and media networks.
ETFs, bonds, preference shares and fixed income instruments are not included in our dataset.
Time – timestamp of latest intraday high
RVol – relative volume ratio of today's volume compared to the daily average of the most recent 5 days
ATH – all time high
ATL – all time low
52W – 52 week
Regular trading hours of the Australian Securities Exchange – 10:00am to 4:00pm Sydney time.